Bain's steadfast commitment to redefining the boundaries of strategy consulting set it apart.
We became one of the world's top strategy firms by taking calculated risks and rejecting the status quo. An entrepreneurial spirit of innovation burns brightly at Bain. And it has inspired remarkable ideas that have boosted the bottom-line value of countless clients.
Take a closer look
The following links offer detailed insight into our more than 35 year tradition of industry-changing innovation.
- Results not reports: Founded in 1973 on the principle that clients should get results—not just reports—from their consultants.
- Tied economics: Bain engages in various "tied economics" arrangements with its clients. That allows it to better align its financial incentives with client outcomes.
- Bain Capital: In 1984, Bill Bain and his partners set out to apply the same results-oriented approach to the private equity market.
- Private equity consulting: Building on the tradition of working for results-oriented owners, Bain pioneered strategic consulting for private equity firms, providing strategic due diligence during acquisition and hands-on performance improvement for portfolio companies.
- The Bridgespan Group: Bain believed that nonprofit organizations should have the same access to results as for-profit businesses. Our belief launched the first firm to deliver high-level strategy consulting services to the nonprofit sector.
- Net Promoter® Score: Bain has developed an innovative metric to evaluate the health of our clients' customer assets. NPS measures how likely an organization's customers are to recommend it to family and friends—a strong indicator of a business's growth potential.
- Bain Corporate Renewal Group: Bain CRG provides turnaround services to distressed and severely underperforming companies—organizations with the most urgent need for results.
®Net Promoter is a registered trademark of Bain & Company, Inc., Fred Reichheld and Satmetrix Systems, Inc.