Bain people are passionate about creating tangible results, not only with our clients, but also in our communities.
Helping others is at the core of our culture. Volunteering fosters teamwork and balance while introducing you to fresh ideas and new people. Besides helping you step outside your comfort zone, it also enables you to get involved and make a difference.
Get your hands dirty
At Bain, volunteering means more than simply pitching in. You'll organize programs. Develop strategies. Bring out the best in those around you. And apply your Bain toolkit in innovative ways to make the world a better place.
Here are just a few examples of how our people have affected their communities through volunteering:
- Atlanta: 25 people participated in Habitat for Humanity house-building events
- Toronto: Almost 15% of the office participates in weekly tutoring of underprivileged children
- Germany: More than 250 Bain employees across three offices participated in our latest annual Community Day to support 10 local charities
- London: associate consultants developed a 10-session business curriculum for underprivileged students and work with 25 colleagues to deliver it in two schools
- Seoul: Bain Seoul holds an annual Community Day to help disabled citizens
- New Delhi: Employees organized a bone marrow donor drive to recruit donors of South Asian descent, an ethnicity that has historically been under-represented in global bone marrow registries
Work the financial muscles, too
In addition to volunteering, Bain employees are active in raising funds for the causes they care most about. This can be a few hundred or a few thousand dollars from in-office events to many millions through corporate-supported fundraising drives.
- Global: Coordinated international appeal to support the response to the Haiti earthquake
- US: An annual United Way fundraising drive across multiple offices raises millions for social causes
- San Francisco: Each year, Bain runs an auction to benefit local charities
- London: The award-winning "Bain Cares Fund" raises money through payroll giving for small charities which Bain employees are affiliated
- Brussels: Sponsorship of children's charities selected by the staff
- Dubai: Periodic bake sales held for local charities
We firmly believe that dedicated volunteers make fantastic leaders. By joining Bain, you can push the envelope of public service—and make your mark on the community by enriching the lives of others.