Pro bono case team: Developing an international expansion plan for a successful US campaign to decrease women's heart disease
- Our client, the World Heart Federation (WHF), is an umbrella organization for many national health organizations
- An affiliate, the American Heart Association, has been running a very successful national campaign, "Go Red For Women," to raise awareness among women of cardiovascular disease, the number one cause of death in the US.
- WHF wants to expand "Go Red For Women" to a further 30 plus countries
- WHF has not fully decided on its strategy and operational model with regard to "Go Red For Women"
- WHF has not defined the roles and responsibilities of its national member organizations in the roll-out of the campaign
- Resources and funding are limited
- What is the right international growth strategy for "Go Red For Women?"
- How should we differentiate "Go Red For Women" from other health campaigns?
"Heart disease and stroke kills more women worldwide each year than cancer, tuberculosis, HIV/AIDS and malaria combined."
* World Health Organization. World health report 2004: Changing History. Geneva 2004
- Axel Partner
- Stephan Manager
Axel and Stephan were responsible for framing the problem in conjunction with the WHF. They then structured the approach to devise an international strategy.