Are you completing your PhD, JD, or MD, and trying to identify the next step in your career?
As an advanced degree holder, you bring a valuable perspective to casework at Bain. After all, you've spent years developing exceptional analytical skills. Devising innovative solutions to tough problems. And gaining esteem for effectively communicating your winning ideas. You're an expert in your field—like other advanced degree holders who've joined Bain.
- You're a PhD who can nail the detail while still seeing the big picture. You have mastered the science (and art) of problem solving—first developing your hypotheses, then designing the research, collecting data, creating new tools for analysis, and finally solving the puzzle. Now you just need some interesting and diverse ways to apply your hard-won skills.
- You've honed your logic inside the classroom and out, studying the corporate, tax, and partnership issues associated with today's most prominent business deals. Law school was great, but you suspect that the real challenges are on the other side of the table, analyzing what businesses need to do to be successful.
- You excel under pressure and crave a challenge, two traits that fueled your decision to go to medical school in the first place. Now that you're through, you're ready for another chance to test your talent, a residency in business.
We understand your drive to tackle the toughest problems, and consistently confront new and greater challenges. Fortunately, a consulting position at Bain will provide you with those opportunities on a daily basis—to help you build a long-term, dynamic career alongside talented and like-minded individuals, who'll guide you along the way.
- Opportunities for stimulating, innovative thinking in a fast-paced, supportive environment
- Exposure to a wide range of business problems, regardless of your specialization
- Career flexibility and work-life balance
- Unlimited, accelerated advancement
- Emphasis on teamwork and collaboration
- Training and mentorship for successful integration and ongoing learning
So whatever your background, your experience at Bain will allow you to broaden your business knowledge across industry sectors and types of problems—and help you develop a well-rounded skill set that will serve you throughout your career.
How can I prepare to be a consultant?
Think you might be ready for a career in consulting? Check out these tips on transitioning into consulting before you take the plunge.
What position should I apply for?
Hiring practices vary somewhat by market, and are indicated on Bain local office or university pages. MDs, JDs, PhDs, and post-doctorate scholars should apply for the consultant position unless otherwise instructed. Masters candidates (excluding MBAs) should apply for the associate consultant position unless otherwise instructed.