As an MBA, you'll join Bain as a consultant. Consultants take responsibility for tackling the most advanced and difficult problems faced by their clients, including understanding specific competitor performance, assessing underlying market dynamics and dissecting the drivers of—and potential for—financial returns.
Consultants work side by side with their clients to maximize results. Some key parts of that process include:
- Developing the strategy behind a client's new market entry, product launch or reorganization
- Presenting that strategy to the client's executive leadership team
- Advocating for the right set of actions to implement that strategy
- Working closely with the team to continuously improve the thinking, analysis and direction of the strategy
You'll apply the concepts you learned in business school across a broad set of industries:
- Wide-ranging clients—Fortune 500 companies, midsize firms, private equity firms, and start-ups
- Stimulating challenges—corporate and business unit strategy, mergers and acquisitions, organizational design, sales and marketing optimization, and manufacturing and distribution improvements
- Fast-changing industries—consumer goods and retail, technology and telecommunication, financial services, industrial products, and many others
Also, you'll make valuable professional connections by collaborating with team members and clients on a daily basis. And you will create lifelong friendships with your supportive, accomplished consultant peers.